Today you will arrive at our hotel on the banks of the River Ness. If you are taking part in our rail inclusive package, you’ll travel along the Highland Line through Perth, Pitlochry and over the Cairngorm Mountains to Inverness, an idyllic journey like no other!
How are your monster spotting skills? Find out as you cruise along Loch Ness today and take a peek at Urquhart Castle. After taking the time to explore the old ruins, we’ll head back to Inverness for some
Today is about relaxation and nostalgia as you take a coach tour through the Grampians and Speyside, indulge the golden age of steam as you travel along the Strathspey Steam Railway, enjoying light refreshments en route along the whole line from Aviemore to Broomhill. Have you seen the TV series Monarch of the Glen? You may be able to catch a glimpse of places you recognise here! Of course, it wouldn’t be Scotland without a wee dram, and you’ll get the chance to enjoy a tipple after your distillery tour. As we head back to Inverness, we take a tour through the Highlands to enjoy the stunning landscape.
We’ve saved the best until last we think, the trip of a lifetime, Scotland’s Kyle Line. This world-famous coastal adventure is one of the best rail journeys in Britain, enticing you along the dramatic coastline with legends of Romantic Highland tales. We finish this section of the tour at the Kyle of Lochalsh, boarding a private coach and crossing over the famous Skye Bridge into the mountainous Isle of Skye. Experience the pretty Portree as you travel onwards, within sight of the Cullin Hills, we’ll return through the Kyle of Lochalsh and back to Inverness in time for dinner at our hotel.
Today marks the end of our adventure, reminisce on the memories of your travels as your journey through the mountains to Edinburgh and onwards to your home destination.
- Travel Sir Michael Palin’s Great Railway Journey on the Kyle Line through to the Kyle of Lochalsh
- Experience dramatic mountain scenery on the Highland Line
- Bask in nostalgia abroad the Strathspey Steam Railway
- Sneak a little tipple tasting at a local distillery
- Spot the Loch Ness monster
- Discover the ruins of Urquhart Castle
- Tour through the legendary Isle of Skye
- Relax at the hotel with spa facilities
Included in your fare
- Travel to and from your home destination (with seat reservations)
- Hotel stay including spa facilities
- Breakfast each morning
- Dinner each evening
- Light refreshments on the Strathspey Railway
- Fully managed tour
- Hotel porterage
Departure dates 2020
Tour Price: From £725 – £785
You will be staying at the Palace Hotel & Spa, Inverness.
The facilities include:
- En-suite bedrooms
- Flat screen TV
- Tea/Coffee facilities
- Stylish bar and restaurant
- Indoor heated pool
- Sauna, jacuzzi and beauty salon