Scotland is one of the most scenic and yet undiscovered areas of Britain. This BritRail Freedom of Scotland Pass allows travellers to fully experience this enchanting land by train. As a bonus, this pass also covers travel on Caledonian MacBrayne and Strathclyde ferries to islands, as well as key bus links.
Pre-booking time: up to 180 days
Unlimited travel from morning until night throughout Scotland including ferries to the various islands and buses to explore sites off the beaten path.
Valid on all operators services within Scotland including travel to/from Carlisle and Berwick Upon Tweed.
Available in Standard Class only.
Allows you to explore by hopping on and off the trains as you wish.
20% discount on Northlink Ferries standard fares between Scrabster-Stromness; Aberdeen-Lerwick; and Aberdeen-Kirkwall-Lerwick.(Valid only on day of sailing, and applies to reclining seat fares only, not cabin inclusive).
Includes Argyll ferries between Gourock and Dunoon.
Valid on all scheduled ferry services offered by Caledonian MacBrayne within Scotland.
Passes cannot be used to travel before 9:15am Mondays to Fridays, (except between Glasgow-Oban/Fort William/Mallaig and Inverness-Kyle/Wick/Thurso.)
Pass also offers additional bonuses on Scottish Coaches. See ‘More’ for details on all coaches and ferries included.
BritRail customers can benefit from discounts at top attractions in the UK. Here is the complete list of BritRail Bonus Offers.
BritRail Passes are designed for sale overseas by tour operators and travel agencies to persons having their permanent residence outside UK.
BritRail Scottish Freedom Pass permits the holder to choose the travel days within the period of validity. Passes are available for 4 days within 8 days or 8 days within 15 days.
Pass must be validated within 6 months of the date of purchase. The BritRail Scottish Freedom Pass may be validated at main stations within Scotland (Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh Waverly, Fort William, Glasgow Central & Queen Street, Inverness, Oban, Paisley, Perth & Stirling.)
Travel on ScotRail’s Caledonian Sleepers is not included with this pass. A 10% discount is available on Caledonian Sleeper Standard fares when tickets are purchased locally.
Children 5-15 pay half the adult fare. Children under 5 travel free and do not need a ticket.
Conditions of use:
1. Refunds are limited to completely unused and unvalidated passes, tickets, and inclusive packages, and will be granted only where permitted under the terms and conditions set forth below or elsewhere in published documentation. Passes, tickets and vouchers must be returned for refunds. No refunds will be granted on partially unused parts or inclusive packages; documents must bear no evidence of having been tampered with in any way.
2. Where no other time for refund is specified in this brochure, refunds on tickets and passes must be applied for within six months of the issue date.
3. A cancellation charge will be deducted from all refunds. Where no other cancellation charges are specified in this brochure, the cancellation charge will be a minimum of 25%.
4. No refunds will be given on reservation/booking fees.
5. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
6. All requests for refunds must be submitted to the office from which the passes or tickets were purchased.
FEES AND CHARGES:
Reservation fees guarantee space on a particular service, but not always a specific seat assignment.
BritRail is not responsible for tickets or vouchers, which are lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed. Refunds cannot be authorized in such cases. Therefore, travel insurance is recommended.
4 day(s) within 8 day(s) STANDARD £149.00 per person.
8 day(s) within 15 day(s) STANDARD £199.00 per person.