Christchurch – Kaikoura – Picton – Wellington
Distance = 347 km
Duration = 5.5 hours
About the service:
A dramatic tour of New Zealand’s coastline between the Pacific Ocean and the breath-taking Kaikoura ranges.
Journey through 22 tunnels and cross 175 bridges enjoying a scenic feast with the Kaikoura mountain ranges on one side and the rugged Pacific Coastline on the other.
Spot whales, seals and other fantastic coastal wildlife from the train.
The Coastal Pacific train runs between Christchurch and Picton over the summer season, making convenient connections with the Interislander Ferry for convenient travel through to Wellington.
Other key stops include Rangiora, Kaikoura and Blenheim.
The summer season train operates daily between October and April.
This train conveys Award-winning scenic carriages which were launched in 2012, these were designed and purpose built in New Zealand.
– Open air viewing decks that allow for great photography.
– Panoramic side and sky-view windows.
– GPS triggered at-seat audio commentary in English and Mandarin.
– Comfortable seating configured in pairs or around tables.
– New and improved menu selections.
– On-board licensed cafe featuring local and international flavours.
For more information on this tour please call us on 0191 246 0708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org