Auckland – National Park – Wellington
Distance = 680 km
Duration = 10.5 hours
About the service:
An iconic, ever-changing daytime journey through the heart of the North Island, bringing you a diverse range of scenery in one day.
New Zealand’s longest running passenger service, the Northern Explorer is a long distance scenic train running between New Zealand’s two largest cities, Auckland and Wellington.
Highlights include the Central Plateau with it’s three volcanic peaks, and the Raurimu Spiral, a fascinating feat of railway engineering.
The Northern Explorer operates a 6 day timetable throughout the year, departing Auckland on Monday, Thursday and Saturday, and departing Wellington on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. This service does not operate on a Wednesday.
This train conveys Award-winning scenic carriages which were launched in 2012, these were designed and purpose built in New Zealand.
– Open air viewing decks that allow for great photography.
– Panoramic side and sky-view windows.
– GPS triggered at-seat audio commentary in English and Mandarin.
– Comfortable seating configured in pairs or around tables.
– New and improved menu selections.
– On-board licensed cafe featuring local and international flavours.
For more information on this tour please call us on 0191 246 0708 or email email@example.com