New Zealand: Christchurch – Arthurs Pass – Greymouth
Distance = 231 km
Duration = 4.5 hours
About the service:
One of the world’s great train journeys, travelling coast to coast through forests and farmland, and over the spectacular Southern Alps.
The TranzAlpine operates a daily return service between Christchurch and Greymouth in the South Island of New Zealand, ideal for day excursions to Greymouth or Arthurs Pass.
Key stops include Christchurch, Rolleston, Springfield, Cass, Arthurs Pass, Lake Brunner and Greymouth.
This train has been rated as one of the best scenic rail journeys in the world.
This train conveys Award-winning scenic carriages which were launched in 2012, these were designed and purpose built in New Zealand.
– Open air viewing decks that allow for great photography.
– Panoramic side and sky-view windows.
– GPS triggered at-seat audio commentary in English and Mandarin.
– Comfortable seating configured in pairs or around tables.
– New and improved menu selections.
– On-board licensed cafe featuring local and international flavours.
For more information on this tour please call us on 0191 246 0708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org